Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 9 - Michigan (to Chicago)

I was very glad to get back to the USA. Even though we are just across the river, I definitely felt like a foreigner. All I had to do was open my mouth, and everyone would know I was not from around there! So we drove across Michigan, and now the thrill of seeing new things is over, as we had traveled this road 4 years ago. I started simply anticipating seeing Rachel. We stopped at the Berry Patch and Carol and I picked almost five pounds of blueberries. Then on to the Chicago Skyway, Chicago traffic, and finally, Rachel! She lives with four other young women in the city, in one of those tall narrow houses with two stories, an attic, and a basement. They live in the first floor apartment, and are crowded by themselves, so the addition of three more people makes for getting to know each other quickly!

Rachel and sisters went to see the new Harry Potter movie, and I relished the time alone, not driving, and made a blueberry muffin cake. (Used a muffin recipe, but just put it all in a pan.) I enjoyed getting to know Abby and later Amy (roommate), and we ate it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A road in the Shenandoah Valley

A road in the Shenandoah Valley
From the internet. I hope to find this kind of beauty