Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 10- Chicago

The day started out with me making bad coffee. I am not used to grinding the beans and I didn't use enough. I figured it had to get better. Rachel had to work for 6 hours today, so after she left, I bought gas @ $2.94/gal, got the oil changed, found the laundromat, and went to the grocery store. Then I went “home” and made two pans of blueberry muffin cake. Then, feeling adventurous, I found the nearest library with the GPS and Carol and I set off. It was about a mile, and it was a long one. We found it, stayed about an hour so we could catch up on internet stuff, and then of course had to walk back.
The weather is absolutely gorgeous- in the 70's and clear.

So when Rachel got home, we packed up all the food (she had made her “famous” chicken quesadillas) and headed for the train station. I rode the train a couple of years ago, but it was still an adventure. Most of the trains are elevated, but we took the Blue Line, which goes underground. We got off in downtown, and Rachel led us to our destination- Millenium Park. They were having a free concert and there was quite a crowd. We found Geoffrey, Rachel's fiance, and met his parents, who had driven in from Iowa City for the occasion. We spread out our feast, and it was really good, as was the symphonic music. It was a beautiful night, a beautiful place, and it was quite enjoyable. I had a nice conversation with Marilyn, and hope to get to know her better.
When the concert ended and we said our goodbyes, we stopped and admired “The Bean” before enjoying the sights of downtown at night as we made our way back to the train. I think I must have walked five miles today, and I was glad to get the exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A road in the Shenandoah Valley

A road in the Shenandoah Valley
From the internet. I hope to find this kind of beauty